- Carl R. Mullins, Casey C. Farnell, Cody C. Farnell, Rafael A. Martinez, David Liu, Richard D. Branam, and John D. Williams, "Non-invasive Hall current distribution measurement in a Hall effect thruster," Review of Scientific Instruments 88, 013507 (2017) doi: 10.1063/1.4974098 Link
- Casey C. Farnell, Cody C. Farnell, Shawn C. Farnell, and John D. Williams. "Recommended Practice for Use of Electrostatic Analyzers in Electric Propulsion Testing". dx.doi.org/10.2514/1.B35413
- Carl R. Mullins, Rafael Martinez, John D. Williams, Casey Farnell, Cody C. Farnell, David Liu, and Richard D. Branam. "Non-Invasive Hall Current Distribution Measurement in a Hall Effect Thruster", 51st AIAA/SAE/ASEE Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA Propulsion and Energy Forum, (AIAA 2015-4005)
- R. A. Martinez, C. R. Mullins, J. Moritz, J. D. Williams, and C. C. Farnell, "Performance evaluation of a 1.5 kW Hall effect thruster with a center mounted heaterless hollow cathode using xenon and krypton propellant," 62nd JANNAF Propulsion Meeting, Nashville, TN, 2015.
- L.P. Rand and J.D. Williams, "A Calcium Aluminate Electride Hollow Cathode," IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, Vol. 43, No. 1, January 2015.
- Metz, Garrett E., Leonard Mahoney, Nicholas A. Riedel, and John D. Williams. "Characterization of a hollow cathode styled plasma reactor for photovoltaic applications." Plasma Sources Science and Technology 24, no. 1 (2015): 015008.
- Derek M. Blash and John D. Williams, "Determination of Hollow Cathode Plasma Contactor System Requirements using an Electrodynamic Tether System Simulation Tool," 13th International Spacecraft Charging Technology Conference, Pasadena, California, 23-27 June 2014.
- Xie, Kan; Martinez, Rafael A.; Williams, John D. "Current-voltage characteristics of a cathodic plasma contactor with discharge chamber for application in electrodynamic tether propulsion." Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics, 47(15), 2014/4/16.
- Kan Xie, Casey C. Farnell, and John D. Williams. "The plasma properties and electron emission characteristics of near-zero differential resistance of hollow cathode-based plasma contactors with a discharge chamber." PHYSICS OF PLASMAS 21, 083506 (2014).
- Kan Xie, Qiemeng Xia, John D. Williams, R. A. Martinez and Casey C Farnell. "Emission Current, Bias Voltage, and Ion Production Rates of Cathodic Hollow Cathode-driven Plasma Contactors," Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, 2014. (under fist revision)
- Casey C. Farnell, Cody C. Farnell, Shawn C. Farnell, and John D. Williams, "Electrostatic Analyzers with Application to Electric Propulsion Testing," IEPC-2013-300, 33rd International Electric Propulsion Conference, The George Washington University, Washington D.C., 2013
- L.P Rand and J.D. Williams, "Instant Start Electride Hollow Cathode," 33rd International Electric Propulsion Conference, IEPC-2013-305, The George Washington University, October 6 - 10, 2013.
- D.E. Swanson, R.M. Geisthardt, J.T. McGoffin, J.D. Williams, and J.R. Sites, "Improved CdTe Solar-Cell Performance by Plasma Cleaning the TCO Layer," IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, V. 3, Issue 2, 2013, pp. 838-842.
- Carlos A. Maldonado, Andrew D. Ketsdever, and Taylor C. Lilly, Lauren P. Rand, Kan Xie, Casey C. Farnell, and John D. Williams, "Source Characterization for a Combined Effects Space Simulation Facility," AIAA Aerospace Sciences Meeting, Grapevine, Texas, 7-10 January 2013.
- Trujillo, N.A., Oldinski, R.A., Ma, H., Bryers, J.D., Williams, J.D., Popat, K.C. "Antibacterial effects of silver-doped hydroxyapatite thin films sputter deposited on titanium," Materials Science and Engineering: C, Volume 32, Issue 8, 1 December 2012, Pages 2135-2144.
- N.A. Riedel, B.S. Smith, J.D. Williams, and K.C. Popat, "Improved thrombogenicity on oxygen etched Ti6Al4V surfaces," Materials Science and Engineering C - Materials for Biological Applications, V. 32, Issue 5, 2012, pp. 1196-1203.
- N.A. Riedel, T.B. Cote, S.L. Bechara, K.C. Popat, and J.D. Williams, "Low energy helium ion texturization of titanium and relevance to biomedical applications," Surface and Coatings Technology, V. 206, Issue 23, 2012, pp. 4750-4755.
- N.A. Riedel, S.L. Bechara, K.C. Popat, and J.D. Williams, "Ion Etching for Sharp Tip Features on Titanium and the Response of Cells to these Surfaces," Materials Letters, V. 81, 2012, pp. 158-161.
- J.D. Williams, J. Sanmartin, and L.P. Rand, "Low Work Function Coating for an Entirely Propellant-less Bare Electrodynamic Tether," IEEE Transactions of Plasma Science, V. 40, No. 5, 2012, pp. 1441-1445.
- Garrett Metz, Len Mahoney, John D. Williams, Drew Swanson, Walajabad S. Sampath, "A plasma-enhanced close-spacing sublimation (PECSS) device for photovoltaic thin-film modification," 65th Gaseous Electronics Conference, Austin, Texas, Oct. 22-26, 2012.
- Drew E. Swanson, Ryan M. Lutze, Walajabad S. Sampath, and John D. Williams, "Plasma Cleaning of TCO Surfaces Prior to CdS/CdTe Deposition," 38th IEEE Photovoltaic Specialists Conference, Austin, Texas, July 2012, pp. 859-863.
- S.G. Biedron, ..., Lauren P. Rand, John D. Williams, et al., "The CSU Accelerator and FEL Facility," 34th International Free Electron Laser Conference, Nara, Japan, August 26-31, 2012.
- Carlos A. Maldonado, Andrew D. Ketsdever, Lauren Rand, Kan Xie, Casey Farnell, and John Williams, "Development of a Ground-Based Facility to Study Combined Effects," 27th Space Simulation Conference, Annapolis, Maryland, Nov. 5-8, 2012.
- Link Andrew Kustas; Tyler B. Cote; Austin L. Jurgensmeyer; Desiree Williams; Brian Minor; Brian Dickman; Tiffany Lipsey; Thomas H. Bradley; John Willams, "High Efficiency Thermoelectric Coolers for Use in Firefighter Applications" ASME/SAE/AIAA 10th International Energy Conversion Engineering Conference, July-August 2012, Atlanta, GA.
- 1) Sanmartin, J. R., Charro, M., Lorenzini, E. C., Colombatti , G., Roussel, J. F., Sarrailh, P., Williams, J. D., Xie, K., Garcia de Quiros, F., Carrasco, J. A., Rosta, R., Zoest, T., Lasa, J., Marcos, J., BETs: Propellant less deorbiting of space debris by bare electrodynamic tethers, Let's embrace space, Vol II, European Commision, ISBN 978-92-79-22207-8, 2012.
- Sanmartin, J. R., Charro, M., Chen, X., Lorenzini, E., Colombatti, G., Zanutto, D., Roussel, J. F., Sarrailh P., Williams, J. D., Xie, K., Garret, E. M., Garcia de Quiros, F., Roemer, O., Rosta, Zoest, T., R., Lasa, J., Marcos, J., A universal system to de-orbit satellites at end of life, The Journal of Space Technology and Science, 1, 26, 2012.
- Sanmartin, J. R., Sanchez-Arriaga, G., Lorenzini, E., Zanutto, D., Roussel, J. F., Sarrailh P., Williams, J. D., Xie, K., Garcia de Quiros, F., Carrasco, J., Zoest, T., Rosta, R., Lasa, J., Marcos, J., Propellantless deorbiting of space debris by bare electrodynamic tethers, 2nd FP7 Space Conference, 15-16 November , Larnaca, Chipre, 2012.
- Sanmartin, J. R., Sanchez-Arriaga, G., Lorenzini, E., Zanutto, D., Roussel, J. F., Sarrailh P., Williams, J. D., Xie, K., Garcia de Quiros, F., Carrasco, J., Zoest, T., Rosta, R., Lasa, J., Marcos, J., BETs progress in state-of-the-art tether technology, CleanSpace Workshop (ESA/ESOC), 17-18 September, Darmstadt, Germany, 2012.
Colorado State University
- Thesis - Nathan Anthony Trujillo, Antibacterial Effects of Sputter Deposited Silver-Doped Hydroxyapatite Thin Films.
- Thesis - Austin Jurgensmeyer, High-Efficiency Thermoelectric Devices Fabricated Using Quantum Well Confinement Techniques.
- N.A Riedel, J.D. Williams, and K.C. Popat, "Ion beam etching titanium for enhanced osteoblast response," Journal of Materials Science, V. 46, N. 18, pp. 6087-6095, 2011
- Casey C Farnell, John D Williams and Cody C Farnell, "Comparison of hollow cathode discharge plasma configurations," Plasma Sources Sci. Technol. 20 (2011) 025006. Link
- Juan R. Sanmartin, Enrico C. Lorenzini, John D. Williams, Francisco Garcia-de-Quiros, Tim van Zoest, and Jesus Marcos, "Propellantless deorbiting of space debris by bare electrodynamic tethers," International Astronautical Congress, IAC-11-A6, Cape Town, South Africa, Oct. 2011
- L.P. Rand and J.D. Williams, “Hollow Cathode with Low Work Function Electride Insert,” Proceedings of ASME 2011 International Mechanical Engineering Congress & Exposition, IMECE 2011, Denver, CO, Nov. 11-17, 2011.
- L.P. Rand, R.L. Hoyt, and J.D. Williams, “Hollow Cathode with Electride Insert,” AIAA-2011-5992, Joint Propulsion Conference, San Diego, CA, July 31-Aug. 3, 2011.
- A.L. Jurgensmeyer, J.D. Williams, et al, “Superlattice-based Thermoelectric Materials Fabricated using Ion Beam Deposition,” AIAA-2011-5980, Int’l Energy Conversion and Engineering Conference, San Diego, CA, July 31-Aug. 3, 2011.
- S.Mahalingam, Y.Choi, P.Stoltz, L.P.Rand, and J.D.Williams, “Particle-in-Cell (PIC) Tools for Simulation of Electrodynamic Bare Tether Plasma Interactions,” ICOPS 2011, Topic- Computational Plasma Physics I # IP2B-14, Chicago, IL, June 28, 2011.
Colorado State University
- Thesis Nicholas A. Riedel, Sputter Deposited Hydroxyapatite Thin Films to Enhance Osseointegration
- John D Williams and Ronald L Corey, "Influence of residual gases on witness plate measurements during Hall-effect thruster testing," Plasma Sources Sci. Technol., V. 19, No. 2, 2010, pp. 025020 1-7.
- Farnell, Cody C. and Williams, John D. "Ion Thruster Grid Design Using an Evolutionary Algorithm," J. of Prop. and Power, V. 26, N. 1, Jan.-Feb. 2010, pp. 125-129.
- N. Yamamoto, L. Tao, B. Rubin, J.D. Williams, and A.P. Yalin, "Sputter Erosion Sensor for Anode Layer-Type Hall Thrusters Using Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy," J. of Prop. and Power, V. 26, N. 1, Jan.-Feb. 2010, pp. 142-148.
31st International Electric Propulsion Conference
- IEPC-2009_016 Farnell - Comparison of Hollow Cathode Discharge Plasma Configurations
- IEPC-2009_026 Rubin - Hollow Cathode Discharge Initiation and Fast Starting Cathode
- IEPC-2009_031 Farnell - Remote Diagnostic Measurements of Hall Thruster Plumes
- IEPC-2009_042 Rubin - Total and Differential Sputter Yields of Boron Nitride Measured by Quartz Crystal Microbalance
- B Rubin, C Farnell, J Williams, J Vaughn, T Schneider, and D Ferguson, "Magnetic filter type plasma source for ground-based simulation of low earth orbit environment", Plasma Sources Science and Technology, vol.18, 025015, 2009.
Colorado State University
- Thesis Russell H. Martin, Characterization of Hollow Cathodes Using A Fast Actuating Electrostatic Probe
- N. Yamamoto, L. Tao, Y. Arakawa,M. Oya, H. Nakashima, A.P. Yalin 2009 "Lifetime estimation in a Hall thruster using continuous-wave cavity ring-down spectroscopy" 49th Propulsion Conference, The Japanese society for aeronautical and space science (Japanese Proceedings)
- N. Yamamoto, L. Tao, A. P.Yalin, 2009 "Development of Real-time Erosion Monitoring System for Hall Thrusters by Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy" Submitted to 27th Int. Symposium on Space Technology and Science, Japan
- A.P. Yalin, B. Rubin, J. Topper, C. Farnell, 2009 "Differential Sputter Yield Measurements of Single- and Multi-Element Targets due to Ion Beam Bombardment", Accepted to 2009 Society of Vacuum Coaters TechCon, Santa Clara, CA, USA
- A.P. Yalin, L. Tao, N. Yamamoto, 2009 "Laser-Based Sensor for Real Time Sputter Monitoring and End Point Detection in Ion Beam Etch Systems", Accepted to 2009 Society of Vacuum Coaters TechCon, Santa Clara, CA, USA
- B. Rubin and J.D. Williams, "Hollow Cathode Conditioning and Discharge Initiation," J. of Applied Physics, V. 104, No. 5, Article Number: 053302, Sept. 1, 2008.
- H.A. Fujii, T. Watanabe, , H. Kojima, K.I. Oyama, T. Kusagayac, Y. Yamagiwa, H. Ohtsu, M. Cho, S. Sasaki, K. Tanaka, J.D. Williams, et al "Sounding Rocket Experiment of Bare Electrodynamic Tether System," Acta Astronautica, 2008, doi:10.1016/j.actaastro
- J. Wang, Y. Caoy, R. Kafafy, R.A. Martinez, and J.D. Williams, "Numerical and Experimental Investigations of Cross-Over Ion Impingement for Sub-Scale Ion Optics," J. Propulsion and Power, V. 24, No. 3, May-June 2008, pp. 562-570.
Colorado State University
- Thesis Justin W. Mauck, Heat Flux to a Wall Immersed in a RF Plasma
- S. Joshi, A.P. Yalin, D.B. Olsen, C. Dumitrescu, P.V. Puzinauskas, 2008 "Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy for In-Cylinder Equivalence Ratio Measurements in Laser Ignited Natural Gas Engines" Accepted for publication in Applied Spectroscopy
- H. El-Rabii, S. Victorov, A.P. Yalin, 2008 "Time-resolved emission spectroscopy of an air plasma generated by UV-nanosecond laser pulses" Accepted for publication in J. Phys. D. Applied Physics
- L. Tao, N. Yamamoto, A.P. Yalin, 2008 "Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy Sensor for Ion Beam Etch Monitoring and End-Point Detection of Multilayer Structures" Review of Scientific Instruments 79 115107
- A.P. Yalin, S. Joshi, M. DeFoort, B. Willson, 2008 "Towards Multiplexed Fiber Delivered Laser Ignition For Natural Gas Engines", Technical Brief in ASME Journal of Engineering for Gas Turbines and Power, 130 (4) Article Number: 044502
- A.P. Yalin et al. 2008, "High-Sensitivity Boron Nitride Sputter Erosion Measurements by Continuous-Wave Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", 44th AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA-2008-5091, Hartford, CT, USA
- J. Topper, B. Rubin, A.P. Yalin, 2008, "Low Energy Sputter Yields Of Boron Nitride due to Xenon Ion Bombardment", 44th AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA-2008-5092, Hartford, CT, USA
- N. Yamamoto, A.P. Yalin, L. Tao, T.B. Smith, A.D. Gallimore, Y. Arakawa, 2008, "Development of Real-time Boron Nitride Erosion Monitoring System for Hall Thrusters by Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy" 26th Int. Symposium on Space Technology and Science, ISTS 2008-b-21, pp. 254-259 Japan
- Wilbur PJ, Wilson M, Hutchings K, Williams JD, "Emissive Membrane Ion Thruster Concept," J. Propulsion and Power, Vol 23, Issue 5, pp. 1049-1054, Sept-Oct 2007.
IEEE Pulsed Power & Plasma Science Conference, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- B. Rubin and J.D. Williams "Hollow Cathode Conditioning and Discharge Initiation Studies"
- Casey C. Farnell and John D. Williams "Direct and Remote Measurements of a Hollow Cathode Discharge"
- Cody C. Farnell and John D. Williams "Genetic Algorithm for Ion Thruster Grid Design"
JANNAF, Denver, Colorado
- J. D. Williams, B. Rubin, and C. C. Farnell JANNAF-2007 Fast Starting Hollow Cathodes for Sounding Rocket-Based Tether Experiments
Colorado State University
- Dissertation Casey C. Farnell, Plasma Flow Field Measurements Downstream of a Hollow Cathode
- Dissertation Cody C. Farnell, Performance and Lifetime Simulation of Ion Thruster Optics
- Dissertation Vijay K. Surla, Cavity Ring Down Spectroscopy: A Method To Measure Sputter Erosion For Electric Propulsion Applications
- Thesis Kirk A. Zoerb, Differential Sputtering Yields of Refractory Metals by Ion Bombardment At Normal and Oblique Incidences
- Thesis Rafael A. Martinez, Electric Field Breakdown Properties of Ion Thruster Optics
- C. Dumitrescu, P.Puzinauskas, S. Olcmen, S.G. Buckley, S. Joshi, A.P. Yalin, 2007 "Fiber-Optic Spark Delivery for Gas-Phase Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy", Applied Spectroscopy 61 pp. 1338-1343
- V. Surla, A.P. Yalin, 2007, "Differential Sputter Yield Measurements using Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", /Applied Optics/ 46, (19), pp. 3987-3994.
- S. Joshi, A.P. Yalin, A. Galvanauskas, 2007, "On the Use of Hollow Core Fibers, Fiber Lasers, and Photonic Crystal Fibers for Spark Delivery and Laser Ignition in Gases" /Applied Optics/ 46, (19), pp. 4057-4064
- A.P. Yalin, J.D. Williams, V. Surla, and K.A. Zoerb, 2007, "Differential Sputter Yield Profiles of Molybdenum due to Bombardment by Low Energy Xenon Ions at Normal and Oblique Incidence," /Journal of Physics D - Applied Physics/ 40, pp. 3194-3202.
- S. Joshi, A. Reynolds, B. Willson, A.P. Yalin, 2007, "Multiplexed Fiber Delivered Laser Ignition of Natural Gas Engines" ICE Division - ASME Fall Technical Conference, ICEF 2007-1617, Charleston, SC
- B. Rubin, A.P. Yalin, 2007, "Total and Differential Sputter Yields Of Boron Nitride measured by Quartz Crystal Microbalance and Weight Loss", 30th International Electric Propulsion Conference, IEPC-2007-074, Florence, Italy
- A.P. Yalin, V. Surla, L. Tao, T. Smith, A. Gallimore, 2007, "Boron Nitride Sputter Erosion Measurements by Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", 30th International Electric Propulsion Conference, IEPC-2007-075, Florence, Italy
- AIAA-2007-5315 V. Surla, L. Tao, A.P. Yalin, 2007, "Species-Specific Sputtering Measurements with Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", 43rd AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA-2007-5315, Cincinnati, OH, CA
- AIAA-2007-5314 A.P. Yalin, B. Rubin, S. Domingue, Z. Glueckert, J.D. Williams, 2007, "Differential Sputter Yields Of Boron Nitride, Quartz, and Kapton Due to Low Energy Xe+ Bombardment", 43rd AIAA Joint Propulsion Conference, AIAA-2007-5314, Cincinnati, OH, CA
42nd JPC, Sacramento, California
- AIAA-2006-4336 Azimuthal Differential Sputter Yields of Molybdenum by Low Energy Xe+ Bombardment
- AIAA-2006-4338 Sputtering Studies of Multi-Component Materials by Weight Loss and Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy
- AIAA-2006-4339 Ion and Plasma Thruster Test Console Based on Three-Phase Resonant Conversion Power Modules
- AIAA-2006-4818 Multi-Axis Plasma Profiling System for Characterization of Plasma Thruster Plumes
- AIAA-2006-4820 Direct Measurements of Plasma Properties nearby a Hollow Cathode Using a High Speed Electrostatic Probe
- AIAA-2006-4999 Ion Impingement Limits of Sub-Scale Ion Optics: Comparison of Simulation and Experiment
- AIAA-2006-5004 Electric Field Breakdown Properties of Materials Used in Ion Optics Systems
JANNAF, Monterey, California
- JANNAF-2005 Emissive Membrane Ion Thrusters and Their Applications
29th IEPC, Princeton, New Jersey
- IEPC-2005-095 Ion Thruster Optical Performance Enhancement via Ion-emissive-surface Shaping
- IEPC-2005-140 Research on Optimization of Onboard Magnetic Diagnostics System of Hall Thruster Plasma
- IEPC-2005-155 Perveance and Beamlet Expansion Modeling of the NEXT Ion Engine
- IEPC-2005-164 The Emissive Membrane Ion Thruster Concept
- IEPC-2005-284 Electric Field Breakdown Characteristics of Carbon-based Ion Optics
- IEPC-2005-293 Differential Sputtering Yields of Refractory Metals by Xenon, Krypton, and Argon Ion Bombardment at Normal and Oblique Incidences
- IEPC-2005-294 Direct and Remote Measurements of Plasma Properties nearby Hollow Cathodes
- McNair-2005 Differential Sputtering of Electric Propulsion Grid Material by Ion Bombardment
Journal Papers - See Additional Publications
- "Velocity Measurements by Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", Optics Letters
- "Use of Hollow Core Fibers to Deliver Nano-second Nd:YAG Laser Pulses for Spark Formation", Optics Letters
- "Optical and RF Electrical Characteristics of Atmospheric Pressure Open Air Hollow Slot Microplasmas", Journal of Physics D: Applied Physics
- "Detection of Sputtered Metals using Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", Applied Optics
- "Radio Frequency Driven Slot Micro-Discharges Operating in Open Air", IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science
40th JPC, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- AIAA-2004-3432 Measurement of Ion Energy Distributions Produced within an NSTAR Discharge Chamber
- AIAA-2004-3614 Performance Evaluation of 8-cm Diameter Ion Optics Assemblies Fabricated from Carbon-Carbon Composites
- AIAA-2004-3628 Evaluation of Sub-Scale NEXIS Ion Optics and Strategies for Performing Accelerated Wear Testing
- AIAA-2004-3788 Differential Sputtering Behavior of Pyrolytic Graphite and Carbon-Carbon Composite Under Xenon Bombardment
- AIAA-2004-3814 HiPEP Ion Optics System Evaluation Using Gridlets
- AIAA-2004-3818 Numerical Simulation of HiPEP Ion Optics
- AIAA-2004-4106 Limits on High Specific Impulse Ion Thruster Operation
- AIAA-2004-5668 Characterization of a Plasma Source for Ground-Based Simulation of LEO Plasma Conditions
4th International Spacecraft Propulsion Conference, Sardinia, Italy
- ISPC-2004 Principles of Hall Thruster Onboard Malfunction Diagnostics Based on Magnetic Field Measurements of Plasma Currents
Journal Papers - See Additional Publications
- "Sputter Erosion Measurements of Titanium and Molybdenum by Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy", Review of Scientific Instruments
- "Absolute UV and VUV Emission in the 110-400 nm Region from 13.56 MHz Driven Hollow Slot Microplasmas Operating in Open Air", Plasma Sources Science and Technology
- "Laser Lineshape Effects on Cavity Enhanced Absorption Spectroscopy Signals", Applied Physics B - Lasers and Optics
28th IEPC, Toulouse, France
- IEPC-2003-072 Characteristics of Energetic Ions Emitted from Hollow Cathodes
- IEPC-2003-073 Numerical Simulation of Ion Thruster Optics
- IEPC-2003-128 Experimental Performance Limits on High Specific Impulse Ion Optics
- IEPC-2003-130 Xenon Sputter Yield Measurements For Ion Thruster Materials
39th JPC, Huntsville, Alabama
- AIAA-2003-4560 Analytical Model of Electron Backstreaming for Ion Thrusters
- AIAA-2003-4869 NEXT Ion Optics Simulation via ffx
- AIAA-2003-5165 Experimental Evaluation of Sub-Scale CBIO Ion Optics Systems
8th Spacecraft Charging Technology Conference
- SCTC-2003 Ground-Based Simulation of Low Earth Orbit Plasma Conditions: Plasma Generation and Characterization
Space Technology and Applications International Forum Proceedings
- STAIF-2003 Large Carbon-Carbon Grids for High Power, High Specific Impulse Ion Thrusters
Journal Papers - See Additional Publications
- "Electrical and Optical Emission Characteristics of RF Driven Hollow Slot Microplasmas Operating in Open Air" Applied Physics Letters
27th IEPC, Pasadena, California
- IEPC-2001-098 A Study of High Specific Impulse Ion Thruster Optics
- IEPC-2001-099 Numerical Simulation of High Specific Impulse Ion Thruster Optics